Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm Sick of Being Treated Like An Idiot

The Obama and Sotomayor press conference may have just pushed me over the edge. I am so sick and tired of being treated like an idiot. Obama gets up there and speaks the exact opposite of what he does and I'm supposed to sit back and feel reassured? I don't think so.

I am so tired of being expected to believe whatever he says in spite of his actions. I'm so tired of hearing him say one thing and do another. I'm so tired of the assumption that I can't think for myself. I'm tired of the condescension of the president. I'm tired.

I'm not an idiot. I'm not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but I am capable of cognitive thought and the constant assumption that I, and the rest of the American people, are not is really chapping my ass.

The sheer cojones of the man to stand up there and spout the importance of upholding the rule of law and the constitution when he supported a filibuster of the constitutionalist judges appointed by Bush is amazing. He can tell bold face lies on his stances and opinions without blinking an eye and we're just supposed to accept this. And what upsets me the most is that too many people do accept it.

God please send us a leader who believes in the intelligence of the American public and does not assume we are all driveling idiots. Is that really so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment