Monday, April 20, 2009

It's all about me

Since this is my first blog I thought I'd tell you a little bit about me. Only because I'm sure you're just DYING to know. I'm in my mid to late 40's so have amassed tons of wisdom in the last 4 decades. I also have some pretty strong opinions and I'm absolutely convinced that I'm right. Historically speaking I usually am. I'm a logic based person so most of my posts will be about things I find illogical and stupid. So they'll be politically based for the most part. Congress is, after all, the well spring of stupidity.

Speaking of governmental stupidity....because you know you want to ..... does it strike anybody else as odd that we're passing huge stimulus packages at the same time that we're talking about legalizing illegal immigrants and allowing more money to go to Cuba? So if I understand this correctly, and I'm sure I do, the economy is struggling with high unemployment rates to the point that we have to spend billions to save it. So of course the first thing we want to do is legalize the illegal immigrants so that they can now more easily compete for the job that you already can't get. At the same time that we're stimulating the economy to keep the money flowing in it, we're approving that more money flow out of it to Cuba. These things seem to be counterproductive to me.

Another interesting point is that at the same time that we've stopped saying "war on terror" and downgraded it, the Dept of Homeland Security has released that outspoken Americans and returning vets may become terrorists. So we pay less attention to the real, documented and quantified threat to focus on what-ifs and long shots. That's an effective use of our tax dollars. But I better not complain too much or the Dept of Homeland Security will be knocking at my door and hauling my wide behind off to the big house. A clear violation of my first Amendment rights, but I'm not sure those will apply to everybody in another month or so.

But now you have me. The vigilant supporter of logic and common sense. I will seek out and expose illogical decisions and statements and will giggle with glee at the opportunity to mock them. There's something about having an on-line voice that gives me a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside. It's either that or the Prozac I took this morning. Either way, it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment