Monday, February 1, 2010

Terrorist Vs Directors

James O'Keefe, the documentary dude who brought us the ACORN scandal on how to get a loan for a whore house, was arrested for entering a federal building under false pretenses with intention to do commit a felony.  The suspicion was that he was going to wire tap Mary Landrieu's office phones.  I have no problem with him getting arrested; what I do have a problem with is that the fruit of kaboom guy was treated better.

We now know that the Christmas Day bomber whose name I will not even attempt to type with my proverbial fat finger syndrome, had a lawyer within 50 minutes of his arrest.  I heard that there were 4 government agencies involved in the decision to offer him the Constitutional rights of a country he wants to destroy.  Really?  Four agencies met and reached a conclusion within 50 minutes?  Color me skeptical.

However, James O'Keefe sat in jail for 28 hours without a lawyer while the media spread the story of his arrest.  A member of Al Queada who tried to blow up a plane had a lawyer in less than one hour while a documentary director was held for more than one day without one.  What the hell?  And it was the FBI doing both investigations.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that a conservative film director is seen as far more dangerous, and therefore issued fewer rights, than a foreign terrorist.  Tapping a Senator's phone (which wasn't even happening) far more egregious than blowing up a plane.  If there was any quesiton in my mind whether the government's priorities were out of whack, this would clear it up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment