Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Why I Fight

I've been thinking about a way to express just how important the current fight is and how absolutely crucial it is for us to stand up against further government inrusion into our lives, but I struggled to express it adequately.  Then I found the perfect expression of it as written by the Second Continental Congress.

"We have counted the cost of this contest, and find nothing so dreadful as voluntary slavery.  Honor, justice and humanity, forbid us tamely to surrender that freedom which we received from our gallant ancestors, and which our innocent posterity have a right to receive from us.  We cannot endure the infamy and guilt of resigning succeeding generations to that wretchedness which inevitably awaits them if we basely entail hereditary bondage upon them."

Are we not entailing hereditary bondage upon our children and successive generations by allowing the continued and ever growing intrusions into our lives and against our liberties?  How much money do they already owe for the reckless spending of the last decade?  This is exactly why I fight and why I will continue to fight until our liberties are restored or I am silenced by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment