I May Be Bitter And Lonely But At Least I Have Time To Follow What's Going On.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Is Al Qaeda an Alinsky Fan?
As I was listening to the news I was suddenly struck by the similarity between the tactics of the terrorists in reqruiting and the tactics of the Democrats in reqruiting so I began to research. What I found did not aleviated my concern at all but sent a chill up my spine.
Not willing to subject myself to reading the entire book of Alinsky, I found a website that summarized nicely for me and has notes from other books on this subject. Go here to see the information.
1. The purpose - "Radicals must be resilient, adaptable to shifting political circumstances, and sensitive enough to the process of action and reaction to avoid being trapped by their own tactics and forced to travel a road not of their choosing." We have heard much about the adaptability of Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations.
2. Of Means and Ends - "The third rule of ethics of means and ends is that in war the end justifies almost any means...." Is there any quesation that the terrorists are firm believers that the ends justify any means?
3. The Education of the Organizer - "The organizer knows that the real action is in the reaction of the opposition." For Al Qaeda it is not just about killing us, but in instilling fear in us and in interrupting our commerce and our lives through our reaction to their attacks.
4. Communication - "One of the factors that changes what you can and can't communicate is relationships. There are sensitive areas that one does not touch until there is a strong personal relationship based on common involvements. Otherwise the other party turns off and literally does not hear...." Al Qaeda's different levels of wide target recruitment of starting small and steadily increasing their message for the people who stay with them. The very often don't throw the frog into the boiling water but place the frog in cool water and gradually turn up the heat.
5. In the Beginning - The Process of Power - "The first step in community organization is community disorganization. The disruption of the present organization is the first step toward community organization. Present arrangements must be disorganized if they are to be displace by new patterns.... All change means disorganization of the old and organization of the new." Al Qaeda has an advantage on this one in that they focus on areas that are already on shaky ground such as Afghanistand and Yemmen.
6. Tactics - "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy. Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty." Do I really need to say anything there?
At first I thought that maybe, just maybe, Saul Alinsky got his ideas from how the terrorists were opperating, but what really concerned me was that Alinsky's book was published in 1971 and the first real terrorist attack was the Munich Massacre in 1972.
Could it be possible that Obama is so busy running these rules against this nation that he doesn't recognize that somebody he is supposed to be fighting is running them as well?
The privacy of our visitors to spinsterpov.blogspot.com is important to us.
At spinsterpov.blogspot.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit spinsterpov.blogspot.com, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on spinsterpov.blogspot.com to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (”interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.